Monday 20 January 2014

Week 1/A: The Recce

It was a bright, crisp and frosty morning. The perfect time to propel Project 2014 out of its cosy nest within my mind and into hard reality.

It was time to search for The Tree.


Looking up towards Westbrook Hay woods, across what I think is Dellfield, the mixture of mist, frost and cloud-filtered sunshine was quite something. I don't own any sophisticated camera equipment (filters etc) so the blown highlights are entirely intentional(!). Life would be boring if I got it right all of the time.



I made my way through the woods and out onto Preston Hill where the large pond is located.


The hedgerow along the path leading down to the pond, and the small hide, had only just been laid and looked superb.



The morning's stroll gave me the opportunity to get a feel for the landscape and what would work as a subject for the year's study. I went home to give it a few day's thought.

No comments: